Certificates on Computer and User objects
I'm following the instructions at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc774525.aspx and http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc774553.aspx "Active Directory Domain Services Connection" trying to resolve events 91 and 94 on startup on my new WS2008 x64 box. (This may be attributable to something earlier in the boot process, I'm trying to work my way through the issues.) I've already run the Certificates wizard and followed instructions given, and that appeared to work OK, as far as I can tell. At the bottom of both pages, where detailing the permissions to check using the Active Directory Sites and Services MMC it refers to "Domain Computers and Domain Users containers" - should these be listed in the Public Key Services container? All others listed are there. TIA
January 11th, 2009 6:48pm

Hi, The Domain Computers and Domain Users containers in the articles should refer to the containers or OUs that contains the users or computers objects, such as the Computer and User containers. You can grand the permission by using the Delegation of Control Wizard: 1. Open Active Directory Users and Computers, right-click the container and select Delegate Control. 2. Click Next at the welcome page, and then click Add to add the group Cert Publishers and click Next. 3. Select Create a custom task to delegate option and click Next. 4. Select Only the following objects in the folder option, and then select Computer objects or Users objects in the list and click Next. 5. Select Property-specific check box, and select Read userCertificate and Write userCertificate in the permission list and then click Next.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 13th, 2009 1:07pm

Thanks,Joson - I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something! Thanks also for your clear instructions, and apologies for the tardy acknowledgement.
January 17th, 2009 4:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics