Certificate error when accessing a KB article

Hello,

When I try to open a KB article, I get this error:

Server Error in '/ContentHost' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
  Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.]
   System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +8277683
   System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar) +213

[WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.]
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +8286956
   System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelAsyncRequest.CompleteGetResponse(IAsyncResult result) +219

[SecurityNegotiationException: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'wawvmscsmssp01'.]
   System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +14579646
   System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) +622
   Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.Proxy.ServiceReference.IDataAccessService.EndExecute(IAsyncResult result) +0
   Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.Proxy.ServiceReference.DataAccessServiceClient.EndExecute(IAsyncResult result) +316
   Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.ProxyDataGateway.ExecuteScalar(DataCommandScalar`1 command) +647

[DataAccessException: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'wawvmscsmssp01'.]
   Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Portal.ContentHost.KnowledgeArticleHandler.GetEndUserContent(HttpContext context) +1292
   Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Portal.ContentHost.KnowledgeArticleHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +287
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +913
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +165

Everything else in the portal works.

I found some previous posts regarding this problem, along with the solution to it, but I have very little knowledge about IIS and I don't really understand what they suggest.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/6ab39e3a-78bb-49a3-8c93-10a9c2dde2d9/scsm-2012-portal-certificate-error-opening-a-help-article?forum=portals

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Kind regards,

Wojciech

June 29th, 2015 4:08am

As the answer in the linked thread:

Find the webconfig - C:\inetpub\wwwroot\System Center Service Manager Portal\ContentHost\Web.config

Open the web.config file in an editor.

Search for "<add key="ContentHostAbsoluteUri" value="https://SCSM01:443/ContentHost" />"

(replace SCSM01 with the servername you installed the ContentHost service on).

Modifiy the line to:

<add key="ContentHostAbsoluteUri" value="https://SCSM01.contoso.com:443/ContentHost" />

(replace SCSM01.contoso.com with the FQDN of the server you installed the ContentHost service on)

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 29th, 2015 5:03am

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the explanation. All is good now.

Kind regards,

Wojciech

June 29th, 2015 5:23am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics