Certificate Services - Unable to write to the log file
I am getting repeated error messages from my CA stating it cannot write to the Certificate Services log file. This is causing my auto enrollment of certificates to fail. I don't even know where to go next. The disk has plenty of space remaining andthe permissions seem fine. I have usedmultiple search engines and come up with no hits whatsoever. The error is displayed below. There were a few errors that preceeded the start of this issue (noted below). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.Application Event Log==============Source: CertSvcCategory: NoneEvent ID: 22Certificate Services could not process request (number) due to an error: Unable to write to the log file. 0xc80001fe (ESE: -510). The request was for DOMAIN\MACHINE$. Additional information: Error Parsing RequestThese Errors took place immediately before this issue started=======================================Source: ESENTCategory: GeneralEvent ID: 486certsrv.exe (1780) An attempt to move the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\CertLog\edb.log" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\CertLog\edb0042B.log" failed with system error 32 (0x00000020): "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ". The move file operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).-------------------Source: ESENTCategory: Logging/RecoveryEvent ID: 413certsrv.exe (1780) Unable to create a new logfile because the database cannot write to the log drive. The drive may be read-only, out of disk space, misconfigured, or corrupted. Error -1032.-------------------Source: ESENTCategory: Logging/RecoveryEvent ID: 492certsrv.exe (1780) The logfile sequence in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\CertLog\" has been halted due to a fatal error. No further updates are possible for the databases that use this logfile sequence. Please correct the problem and restart or restore from backup.
August 5th, 2009 6:49pm

It sounds like you are possibly running out of sapce on the c:\ drive of the system or there is corruption. What is the state of your latest backup?Brian
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 5th, 2009 8:26pm

As stated above I have plenty of drive space. I restarted the service in the hopes that possibly my anti-virus was interfering (after I excluded that folder from scans) and the problem has not reappeared. I should have tried that first. :)Thanks for the input.Tom
August 7th, 2009 4:58am

Yes, Like AD and Exchange, it is not recommended to run anti-virus engines against the Certificate Services Jet databaseBrian
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 9th, 2009 8:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics