Certificate Service - Web Enrolment - Mobile Devices
Hi all, - I have set up a server with a client certificate with web enrolment on Server 2008 R2 Standard, IIS7, which is working with Windows computers across the web from our DMZ. The certificates work perfectly with windows computers from outside of our network. - However - I really am interested in mobile devices. And not MS ones. - I have read that Android does not support client certificates as a web authentication method - first question is, is this true? I have enrolled with an android device but it doesn't prompt for it when I log into the website and the website does not find it and therefore does not authorise. I am guessing it simply doesn't support it yet... can anyone confirm? - Secondly, and probably more importantly, three other devices, one Blackberry, iPad and iPhone - all of them get to the "Web Request" certificate request page with all the details of the person applying but the final drop down box "Key Strength" is empty, and when you submit you get errors - I think because of this empty drop down box. - I have searched and searched but I can find nothing - no one who has previously had this problem. On Android the box is populated with two options (as it is on a Win XP machine), the submission accepted and the certificate issued, so I am fairly sure that the certificate auth is properly configured... - Any ideas?? Most grateful for any help. - Dom
September 27th, 2011 9:12am

Regarding iPhone/iPad it is recommended to use SCEP/NDES (network device enrollment) to request/enroll certificates from ADCS. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753784(WS.10).aspx /Hasain
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 28th, 2011 2:22am

Hi Hasain, Thanks for the reply. We're building a new Enterprise Server now - Standard doesn't support NDES. Hopefully we'll get further when the new server is ready. Thanks, Dom
September 28th, 2011 6:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics