Certificate Error
Hi I have had an application running for a year now (Citrix Password Manager)This application requires an SSL Certificate to function as part of the installation we setup an Enterprise CA in our ADA certificate was requested using the Certificate MMC on the Password Manager Server and everything has run for a year without incidentThe Certificate was due to expire on 14/1/10 I therefore renewed the certificate on 3/12/09 and according to the MMC the Certificate renewed successfullyCome the 14th of January the application stopped working. When I browse to the server i receive the certificate error warning and when I view the certificate that is downloaded it has the original expiration dates on it not the new ones I have deleted the old certificate of the server using the MMC but I still get the error message when I browse to it and the original date I have then requested a new certificate but still get the same error and original dateIt is as if a cache somewhere is storing the certificate and needs to be released Any help with this would be appreciated
January 22nd, 2010 12:06am

You need to assign new certificate for your application. This may be done in your application settings.http://www.sysadmins.lv
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 22nd, 2010 9:56am

Thanks for your replay Vadims I am not sure what you mean by assign a new certificate in your application there is no option to do this it just requires that a certificate is present. which it is and according to the Certificates MMC it is valid.Irrespective of the application if I browse to the server that has the certificate either on the server itself or from another computer I get the certificate downloaded with a warning that is out of date if I view the certificate it shows the old dates from last years certificate not the new certificate that has been downloaded from the CA.I have also checked the root certificates and they have valid datesRegards
January 22nd, 2010 12:38pm

In that case you will need to contact your application support.http://www.sysadmins.lv
January 22nd, 2010 2:06pm

Thanks for your replay Vadims I am not sure what you mean by assign a new certificate in your application there is no option to do this it just requires that a certificate is present. which it is and according to the Certificates MMC it is valid.Irrespective of the application if I browse to the server that has the certificate either on the server itself or from another computer I get the certificate downloaded with a warning that is out of date if I view the certificate it shows the old dates from last years certificate not the new certificate that has been downloaded from the CA.I have also checked the root certificates and they have valid datesRegards My guess is that you've more than likely deleted a certificate from the wrong store. There is no certificate cache. If you did indeed delete a certificate with an expiration date of January 14th 2010 and the server is still presenting a certificate with the expiration date that's the only logical explanation. You should check all of the certificate stores on the computer, you must still have an expired certificate in one of the stores on that computer.Paul Adare CTO IdentIT Inc. ILM MVP
January 22nd, 2010 2:20pm

Vadims and PaulThankyou both for your help Vadims was on the ball Although the Password Manager manual doesnt say anywhere to do this it just says renew or install a new certificatewithin the Password manager service it shows the Certificate but you cant just cancel the console you have to press OK which seems to recompile something and include the new certificate.All now OKBest Regards
January 22nd, 2010 4:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics