Certificate Authority LDAPS

Hi,

I have installed a created a CA on one of our DC's to make it accept LDAPS connections (not nessasarily recommended I know).

It has worked and that DC has a one year certificate - will this be automatically renewed.

How can I get a certificate on our other DC - I had assumed it would also get one automatically?

May 30th, 2015 3:37am

If you install an Enterprise Root/Subordinate CA, it is automatically published into Active Directory. Normally you would need to configure a Certificate Template and GPO with Certificate Autoenrollment enabled to have your clients automatically request/renew a computer certificate.

But your Domain Controllers will automatically enroll a Domain Controller / Domain Controller Authentication certificate. And it wil also be renewed automatically.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 30th, 2015 7:19am

Ok your reply is how I understood it...However I have 2 DC's: 1 with the CA installed on it it and another that is the PDC. The other (the PDC) is not receiving a certificate...? Is this normal?
May 30th, 2015 7:26am

I should also add that the DC which is the CA is running 2008 R2 and the PDC is 2012.
May 30th, 2015 7:30am

Tried doing it manually on the other DC and it was failing. I have now put authenticated users and interactive into the built in users group and it works fine, so I expect if I hadn't done it manually it would just download a cert fine?? What do you think?
May 30th, 2015 8:14am

Hi John555444,

Please refer the following related KB to confirm your GPO has configured correct,

AD CS: Computer autoenrollment should be enabled when an enterprise CA is installed

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd379529%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

The similar thread:

Domain Controller template auto-enrolled by DC

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/87667cb8-dfab-4835-9733-b2d968ae8f3c/domain-controller-template-autoenrolled-by-dc

Im glad to be of help to you!

June 2nd, 2015 11:08pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics