Certifcate Enrollment problem with Certificate Manager approval
Hi there!I create a new certificate template of "computer" (v2or v3) forone server of a farm. I don`t want to supplythe subject name of the server from Active Directory but the DNS-Alias of the server farm. In the template I configure "Supply in the request".Everything is fine, when I manually request the certifcate with the farms subject name without an approval of the certificate manager.Butif the issuance requirement of the template is set to CA certificate manager approval, I manually request the certificate (MMC)by setting the alternative subject name andapprove this certificate request on the issuing ca. As a result on the server, the issued certificate has no chain to it`sRoot CA and the Issuer Name is empty. I tried to register the pending certificate request via the certificate console: All tasks -> Automatically Enroll and Retrieve Certificates, but thecertificate which has been already approved and issued can`t be selected. :-(What I`m doing wrong?Regards,Dominik/edit: Server 2008 R2, Server 2008
November 18th, 2009 4:52pm

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversecurity/thread/0c6f7fb8-7980-4df5-9882-b43748d425a7Paul Adare CTO IdentIT Inc. ILM MVP
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 18th, 2009 6:10pm

Thank youvery much:)After assigning a GPOfor auto registration i had the ability to register the approved certificate by the console...Best Regards,Dominik
November 19th, 2009 9:56am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics