Certain sites are unable to bypass proxy on a local machine
I'm having an issue where computers running IE locally are not by passing our proxy server even though our Group Policy is setting the proper exceptions in IE. Our users that use IE through Citrix and our Terminal Servers are bypassing proxy just fine. I've verified that the exceptions are the exact same but we still have issues. Our local users are using IE 7 and the Terminal Server users are using IE 8 so I updated the local users to IE 8 but they still have the same issue. I've also tried running "proxycfg -u" from the command prompt to apply to the local machines policy but that still hasn't made any difference. I should mention that this was working a few weeks ago and then stopped all of a sudden without any changes to our network. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
April 14th, 2011 8:45am

Hi Customer, Please check registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ProxyOverride value include your bypass proxy address. The value use semicolons to separate entries, use *.domain.com for bypass website www.domain.com. How to configure client proxy server settings by using a registry file http://support.microsoft.com/kb/819961 Regards, Rick Tan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 18th, 2011 3:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics