Cant access server 2003
Hi Guys, We have a server 2008 server that is the main dc and another server 2008 which is a terminal server. Then we have a server 2003 that is the backup server. my problem is I cant access the backup server from the dc via \\backupserver or \\10.0.0.64? I changed the IP address, I changed the anonomys connection to 0, I can ping the backup servers IP using -a and it finds the name. And I can access the backup pc from the other 2008 server (terminal server). Any ideas on what this can be? Regards MCITP: Enterprise AdministratorMCITP: Enterprise Administrator
November 10th, 2011 2:12am

I changed the server name of the 2003 machine and it worked? I would still like to know what the problem coulde've been?MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 10th, 2011 4:06am

Hi Johan, Thanks for posting here. If you can ping it’s host name , FQDN and IP address ,it seems it is not a connectivity issue. What was the error prompt when failed access that server through SMB protocol ?have you installed antivirus protection software on it ? “Network Path Not Found” and “The Specified Network Name Is No Longer Available” errors when running Symantec antivirus products on Windows Server http://blogs.technet.com/b/networking/archive/2010/03/19/network-path-not-found-and-the-specified-network-name-is-no-longer-available-errors-when-running-symantec-antivirus-products-on-windows-server.aspx Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 11th, 2011 3:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics