Cant Log on session windows 2003
Hi people, Even if I tried to start session locally, or by remote desktop, its impossible to do it. Only one domain user can do it, domain administrator cant...Local users can...The problem is that starts session, explorer process shows in task manager, but only a GREY SCREEN is displayed....The domain user that starts, was the one who installed the programs currently installed (command view, hp sim, ....)any idea???thanks in advanced
October 1st, 2009 2:16pm

Hello,would be nice if you can give some info about OS version, SP/patch level and if this machine belongs to a domain, which it sounds like. Are you able to insert the domain username, password and choose the "logon to" domain name? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 1st, 2009 3:09pm

Hello, The OS is Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Enterprise Edition, last level of windows update patches. Logon screen always its showed (even in local, even remotlely). Its in a domain. The problem is that only a user domain (who was used to install and configure most of the server...) is the only domain account that can be logged all the rest displays the grey screen (but you can open task manager as well).If I create a local account (users groups), you try to logon and stopped at the Personalized Settings small window, with the message: Setting up personalized settings for: Windows Desktop Update and stops there.... any ideas?
October 1st, 2009 3:23pm

Hello,logon as the local machine administrator and check the event viewer for error, choose safe mode booting if normal doesn't work.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
October 1st, 2009 3:31pm

Nothing in the event viewer....I can logon with local administrator and the domain user account mentioned ....
October 1st, 2009 3:38pm

Hello,are this new created user accounts? Or exisitng ones with maybe broken user profiles on the server, then delete the user profile and try again.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
October 1st, 2009 4:02pm

Hi, I did a clear start, disabling all the non microsoft service and filtering the start of boot.ini etc from the msconfig. Then it works, all the people could log in.Then i enabled all from boot.ini etc....and it worked....but, when I enable all the services....it didnt work....so...im going to do a filtering...service to service restart to probe it...
October 1st, 2009 5:16pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics