Cannot use the azcopy tool to upload big size file to the Azure

Hi All,

We have purchased the global Azure product. I come from China, we have to upload our database backup files to the Azure. the total size is about 350 GB. we know that there is a tool called azcopy.exe.

We use the tool to upload a 1kb file is ok, just fine. But when we use a 200MB file to test the upload speed, the tool is always show 0kb, no speed, and failed after 15 minutes.

So we have a problem about uploading data from local to the Azure, we do not know the reason why speed is 0 using azcopy tool. Can anybody give us some suggestions? We prefer to use the Azcopy tool.

Thanks.

Jason Huo

September 9th, 2015 9:58am

Hi Jason,

Looks like you have a Time-Out issue. This might occur when you are copying large files.

You could resume the transfer by running the same .\azcopy.exe command or you could use a script like the one below:

[int]$Failed = $Result[5].Split(":")[1].Trim() $Journal = "$env:LocalAppData\Microsoft\Azure\AzCopy" $i=1 while ($Failed -gt 0) {     $i++     [int]$Failed = $Result[5].Split(":")[1].Trim()     $Result = .\AzCopy.exe /Z:$Journal     $Result     $i }

Please refer the following link for more details about the script: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/26528.resuming-timed-out-uploadsdownloads-tofrom-azure-blob-storage-with-azcopy.aspx

However, you may also use Azure Storage explorer for uploading/downloading the files.

Regards,
Malar.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 6:30am

Nagamalar Nagarajan already answered your question, here is just some supplement:

If the timeout issue keeps occurring in your machine, your network connection quality with global Azure might be awful. Please consider checking your proxy settings, creating the storage account in a region near China such as East Asia, or specifying a smaller /NC value in AzCopy command line (the default value is CPU core number * 8).

For further information about AzCopy, please refer to http://aka.ms/azcopy .

September 10th, 2015 10:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics