Cannot use internet explorer or windows explorer to connect to FTP
I have set up an ftp server using windows 2008 and cannot connect to it using ie or windows explorer, I'm using vists and xp. I cannot connect to it through eaither the network's ip or its static ip. However, I CAN connect to it using ftp.exe! it connects sucessfuly and i can move through the folders and view the contents of the folders. I Have made sure that all therequired ports are open on my window's server's firewell, and on my router's firewall, i also have the port forwarded to my server.I find it strange that i can connect using ftp.exe but using ei or windows explore gives me the error "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage" or "windows cannot access this folder"help please?
May 31st, 2008 11:33pm

Hello, Will you please try the following methods and see how it goes? 1. Open Windows Internet Explorer and click Tools, click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, ensure the "Enable FTP folder view (outside of Internet Explorer)" and "Use Passive FTP (for firewall and DSL modem compatibility)" have been selected. 2. Run "netsh advfirewall set global StatefulFtp enable" (without the quotes) on the FTP server to activate firewall application filter for FTP. For more detailed information, please see: http://blogs.iis.net/jaroslad/archive/2007/09/29/windows-firewall-setup-for-microsoft-ftp-publishing-service-for-iis-7-0.aspx Hope this helps. Best regards,Chang Yin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 2nd, 2008 2:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics