Cannot swap IPs on West Europe

I have 2 cloud services on West Europe

When I try to swap IPs, both cloud services reports: 

The server encountered an internal error. Please retry the request.

Weird because there are no important changes between staging and production (same endpoints, etc)

I did the same on my other regions with similar deployments with no problem

May 28th, 2015 4:46am

Hi,

According to my experience, this error usually resolves after some time, try swapping deployments after some time and let us know if it works.
   If its feasible, can you create a new cloud service for the deployment and check if you can deploy.

Regards,
Nithin Rathnakar

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 28th, 2015 5:21am

Hi Nithin

Thanks for your reply. I did the same trick in the past, but I am trying to swap this deploy since yesterday :)

It's been more than 15 hours with that problem.

Unfortunatelly I cannot create a new cloud service, cause I need to keep IPs intact :(

Regards

May 28th, 2015 5:24am

Sorry for this inconvenience, my best advice for you right now is to create a support ticket and have this issue checked out by an azure support professional from the back-end.

Regards,
Nithin Rathnakar

May 28th, 2015 5:51am

I only can open "billing tickets" with my current subscription. 

... I know, I know ...

May 28th, 2015 6:00am

Sorry for this inconvenience, my best advice for you right now is to create a support ticket and have this issue checked out by an azure support professional from the back-end.

Regards,
Nithin Rathnakar

May 28th, 2015 9:49am

Regards,
Nithin Rathnakar

May 28th, 2015 9:49am

tried to upgrade the service with no luck

The server encountered an internal error. Please retry the request. The long running operation tracking ID was: e5f06b0cceefa815ba06f6ff107f1a89.

I know I should open a ticket, but I cannot with my current subscription and it makes me angry to pay to solve Microsoft's problems

May 29th, 2015 2:52am

Hi Jordi,

Hope the issue with VIP swap is resolved.
  I found this article which talks about some Restrictions that apply to VIP-Swap.
  You cannot do VIP-Swap if you change the number of endpoints for your service. Which means you can add/remove Worker Roles without endpoints, but not Web Roles.

I hope you have contacted Azure support or the Swapping is now working.
  I will be marking this thread as answered since the next steps is to contact support. If you feel that its not answered, you can unmark it.

Regards,
Nithin Rathnakar.

May 30th, 2015 1:15am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics