Cannot start a Biztalk application

Hello, I can't start a Biztalk application. After starting a messagebox with error occurs:

Could not enlist orchestration 'XXXX'. Could not enlist orchestration 'XXXX'. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (Microsoft.BizTalk.SnapIn.Framework)

After that I go to the Application Windows log and see 3 Errors.

First and second one:

Unable to communicate with MessageBox BizTalkMsgBoxDb on SQL Instance BIZTALK1. Error Code: 0x8004d00e. Possible reasons include:
 1) The MessageBox is unavailable.
 2) The network link from this machine to the MessageBox is down.
 3) The DTC Configuration on either this local machine or the machine hosting this MessageBox is incorrect.

Third:

xlang/s engine event log entry: NullReferenceException exception occurred while the XLANG/s runtime enlisted a service.
Error message:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Call stack:   at Microsoft.BizTalk.XLANGs.BTXEngine.OrchestrationMetadata..ctor(String assemblyName, String orchTypeName, Delegate satAssemblyCacheCallback)
   at Microsoft.BizTalk.XLANGs.BTXEngine.BTXServiceStaticState.PersistState(String mgmtDBServer, String mgmtDBName, String MsgBoxGroupName, String ApplicationName, String serviceAssembly, String serviceTypeName, Guid[] PortIDs, Guid[] LrpIDs, Delegate satAssemblyCacheCallback, ITransaction transaction)
   at Microsoft.BizTalk.XLANGs.BTXEngine.BTXService.GoLive(String configDBServer, String configDBName, String msgBoxGroupName, String applicationName, String servicePath, String serviceTypeName, Guid[] portIDs, Guid[] lrpIDs, Delegate satAssemblyCacheCallback, ITransaction transaction)

Exception type: BTXEnlistmentException
Additional error information:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Exception type: NullReferenceException
Source: Microsoft.XLANGs.BizTalk.Engine
Target Site: Void .ctor(System.String, System.String, System.Delegate)
The following is a stack trace that identifies the location where the exception occured

at Microsoft.BizTalk.XLANGs.BTXEngine.OrchestrationMetadata..ctor(String assemblyName, String orchTypeName, Delegate satAssemblyCacheCallback)
   at Microsoft.BizTalk.XLANGs.BTXEngine.BTXServiceStaticState.PersistState(String mgmtDBServer, String mgmtDBName, String MsgBoxGroupName, String ApplicationName, String serviceAssembly, String serviceTypeName, Guid[] PortIDs, Guid[] LrpIDs, Delegate satAssemblyCacheCallback, ITransaction transaction)
   at Microsoft.BizTalk.XLANGs.BTXEngine.BTXService.GoLive(String configDBServer, String configDBName, String msgBoxGroupName, String applicationName, String servicePath, String serviceTypeName, Guid[] portIDs, Guid[] lrpIDs, Delegate satAssemblyCacheCallback, ITransaction transaction)

==================

I've rebuilt and redeployed solution a lot of times. Restarted host instances, but it fails again and again. What is the most interesting that another applications start and finish successfully. But not this one.

The orchestration that can't be enlisted has 2 ports: the first one requests MS CRM via it's adapter (send-receive port), the second  one is a receive-send port which is published as webservice (I want webservise to return results back to user after biztalk finish data manipulations).

I even republished an orchestraion as webservice and used autogenerated receive location in Receive Port, but it didn't helped... The same error once again.

Please, advise me, where I'm wrong? Thanx in advance.

June 17th, 2010 9:15am

Huraah!! The problem is resolved! I've removed previous project from Administration console, cleaned GAC, created a new BiztalkApplication from scratch, moved xsd schemas and maps from old project, rebuilt, deployed, published orchestration, and... Started! And right now it don't cause any issue, like in previous case!

Thanx!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 17th, 2010 12:21pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics