Cannot start Windows 2000 Professional normally.
Due to some unexpected error, my computer forced a shut down, most likely due to a system crash. When it tries to restart itself, it will begin to start as it normally would, but before getting to the portion where I would normally log on to the user profile, a blue screen will quickly appear and the computer will again try to restart, only to keep having the same problem over and over. On the blue screen, a message will appear for a brief second. In this message, I have been able to make out the sentences, "Initializing Physical Memory Dump" and "Physical Memory Dump Complete" There is also something that says that it failed to run something, but I can't make out the file. The only way for me to get to the desktop is to hit F8 and run the computer in either Safe Mode or something called Debugging mode. Is there a way for me to restore my normal active desktop and eliminate this blue screen error?
January 29th, 2010 2:21am

Hi, Have you tried Last Known Good Configuration after pressing F8? It will restore your last good system settings. If the problem continues, we may have to analyze memory dump file to narrow down the cause of this issue. However, forum is not the best place for analyzing dump. It’s suggested to contact Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) so that a dedicated Support Professional can help you on this issue. To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers. Regards, Bruce
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 29th, 2010 10:49am

Yes, I have indeed attempted to start the computer using the Last Known Good Configuration. Unfortunately the problem has persisited and I can only start the computer in the modes I previously mentioned. But thank you for providing me with the Customer Support Services link. I will make use of it and hopefully I can fix the problem.
February 2nd, 2010 9:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics