Cannot set up a VPN on Win Server 2008?
I am using Winserver 2008 tried to set up a vpn on that but failed.The only thing I want is set up a vpn that enable remote clients can browse internet through the server.But when i tried to use "custom configuration" to set up the vpn(cuz i only have one network card), it comes back with error code 80040154.Anybody knows why?Thanks much
November 20th, 2009 5:43pm

Hi, Thanks for the post. From your description, I understand that the error code 80040154 is received when setting up the VPN on Windows Server 2008. In this case, please first check if this issue occurs in Clean Boot Mode, which will help us check if this issue is caused by a third party program. Clean Boot =============Let's disable all startup items and third party services when booting. This method will help us determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service. Please perform the following steps: 1. Click "Start", go to "Run", and type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in the open box to start the System Configuration Utility. 2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray). 3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK". 4. Click "OK" to restart your computer to Selective Startup environment. 5. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.6. Check whether or not the issue still appears in this environment. Note: Temporarily disabling the Startup Group only prevents the startup programs from loading at startup. This shouldn't affect the system or other programs. We may still manually run these programs later. Does it work? If the problem continues, please collect the Process Monitor log in Clean Boot Mode for further research. Step 1: Download Process Monitor ====================== 1. Please download the Process Monitor at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx 2. Extract the zip file to Desktop. Step 2: Collect the Information ===================== 1. Open Procmon.exe (Process Monitor). 2. Reproduce this issue. 3. After that, please click Capture in the tool bar (or directly press Ctrl+E) in Process Monitor. 4. Click Save, in the prompt window, selects All Events. 5. Click Browser Button (The button is right to Path), in the prompt window, click Desktop, type test (without the quotation marks) in the File Name box and press Enter. 6. Find the file, right-click on this file, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder". Use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) to upload the file and then give me the download address. Thanks, Miles
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 23rd, 2009 7:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics