Cannot set Sleep time out, but I was able to do this, so not Mobo or driver related
Any kind soul help with this? I had to rebuild my pc mobo died, I installed Vista bus o/s and logged in as a standard user, Checked everything all ok, I could set the power save options to turn off the monitor after 1hr, and I could sleep the pc after various time periods. I then linked the new pc to the SBS 2003 network domain, and reconnected with my previous user (admin permissions etc) then I tried to set the sleep times again, they are greyed out, can't see why other than a cryptic message that says see Group policy. I am an admin as the original user, I have tried all the fixes about group policy I can find, still no joy. Can anyone say why the sleep option is not accessible to me when it previously was? So it is NOT drivers or hardware Thanks in advance.McP
April 23rd, 2010 8:24pm

Hi, From the description the computer can get into sleep mode before join the SBS 2003 network domain. After join, the sleep button is greyed out. As you mentioned, since it can get into sleep, it should not be caused by hardware or driver. In order to check if it is related to group policy, run "gpresult /r" in CMD to get all applied group policy. First check the policies for Users. Note: /v can help get more detailed information but it will take some time to get the result. It is recommended to output as a file in order to see it clearly. Meanwhile, you may need to contact the domain admin for further help if the issue related to group policy.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 27th, 2010 10:17am

Hi Rob, this is not a driver problem or hardware problem, this is do with policy which you might have enabled using GP. First place is to check with administrator account ,if the option is enabled , if so you got the answer which is policy.
May 5th, 2010 10:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics