Cannot run application as a service
I have a simple application that can be run either as a foreground app or as a service. It runs fine in the foreground on Windows Server 2003 SP2 but I cannot install it as a service. I receive the error:"Faulting application myserv-3787.exe, version 1.0.0.0, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.4062, fault address 0x0000bee7."I read somewhere that I might be prevented from running it as a service by DEP but I've added it as an exception so that shouldn't be a problem.I can install it as a service on a Windows XP Pro SP2 box.Any ideas? Thx,K.
July 7th, 2008 11:45pm

Hi Brainooo, According to the description and my research, the causes of the failure of module kernel32.dll are various. To identify the root cause, we will need to debug the application with your applications. I suggest that you contact CSS directly so that the application can be debugged and the problem can be resolved efficiently. Meanwhile, you may submit a post to MSDN forum to see whether they have any suggestions. MSDN forum http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/default.aspx?SiteID=1 Hope the issue will be resolved soon.Your potential. Our passion.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 11th, 2008 12:21pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics