Cannot publish Business Rules because supposedly Validation is still running

Hi All

I am trying to exclude business rules (ticking the Exclude flag on the UI) on a certain entity.  When I try to publish the changes the message that I'm greeted with states: "Business rules cannot be published or refreshed while validation is running for the entity's model. Wait until validation is completed then republish the rules".

The entity is validated when new data is staged in via stored procedures that run on a schedule in SQL Agent.  I have turned SQL Agent off to halt any data updates/validation.  I still get this message.

What tells it that validation is still running.  Is there a flag in the database that could be corrupted? Or a suspended instance perhaps?  Has anyone else encountered such as error?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Mihir

January 12th, 2014 9:52pm

Am having exactly the same problem. What versin are you using, Am using SQL Server 2014 with the update patch 3.

I  notice that the validate versin function seems to be running and it can't end so i think it has to do with that.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 15th, 2015 6:02pm

Is the version large enough that validation can take more time. Can you check if any validation is running by executing

[mdm].[udpValidationIsRunning]

Also can you confirm validation process is running in Service Broker by checking

SELECT 1 FROM sys.dm_broker_activated_tasks WHERE procedure_name = N'[mdm].[udpValidationQueueActivate]'

April 15th, 2015 11:02pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics