Cannot obtain personal ceritifcate from certsrv
Hello, I'm trying to get personal certificate from certsrv for 802.1x auth. I'm logging to https://serverip/certsrv/ and login with my AD credentials. Then I request CA cert and get it without problem. Next step is to obtain personal key and certificate. I hit request user certificate -> basic and click on certificate to install. But I don't see in my personal certificate store. I'm not microsoft man, but I think that this certificate request isn't coming with private key. I'm right ?? So how to get personal ceritifcate on win2003? And I'm using win xp sp2 Regards, Piotr Bratkowski
August 6th, 2010 2:59pm

If you obtain a certificate, you will get into a private key. So, don't worry.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 6th, 2010 3:13pm

This is a link about how to request a certificate: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc784473%28WS.10%29.aspx
August 6th, 2010 3:44pm

Hello, So I understand at first I need to request certificate and accept it as administrator of CA and THEN the user logs and download certificate? Because if not it's not working. I manage once to download certificate with private key, but that was about 2 months ago and now I can't recreate it. Regards, Piotr Bratkowski
August 6th, 2010 5:00pm

You can proceed like that. You can configure also your CA so that users can be able to request a certificate and install it without the intervention of the CA administrator.
August 6th, 2010 5:07pm

Hi, Are you trying to request a user-based certificate or a computer-based certificate? If it is an Enterprise CA, I suggest that you request the certificate via MMC. It can make thing simple. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 11th, 2010 10:27am

Hi, I used mmc method and it worked. But still I need to enable web-enrollment. I don't know why I don't get private key with certificate when using web-enrollment. What could be a problem? Any ideas? Regards, Piotr Bratkowski
August 12th, 2010 2:36pm

Is there an error message when you use the web interface?
August 12th, 2010 5:11pm

Hi, If I understand correctly, you are trying to request a user certificate. Please access the certsrv website and type the credential of the user who the certificate will be issued to (install). After you click Install this certificate, run certmgr.msc, and navigate to Personal\Certificates to check if the certificate is installed. If you do not find the certificate in the personal store, please open Certification Authority on the CA server, click Issued Certificates, and double-click the certificate that you just requested via the web enrollment page in the right pane, select Details tab, and check the value of the Subject field and confirm if it is the user name of the user you are using to request the certificate.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 18th, 2010 8:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics