Cannot modify User Rights Assignment wthin the local security policy on a Server 2008 member server
Hi,We just put in our first 2008 server in the domain.It is running Server 2008 Datacenter, Service Pack 2 and is a member server within a Server 2003 domain.I am logging into the server with a domain administrator account.I am trying to access the Local Security Policy via Administrative tools.The first task I am trying to modify is under User Rights Assignment, Logon as Service and am trying to add any id to the setting.Inside the dialog box for the logon as service id there is a note saying that "This setting is not compatible with computers running Windows 2000 Service Pack 1 or earlier. Apply Group Policy Objects containing this setting only to computers running a later version of the operating system."I would very much appreciate any guidance anyone can provide as I've been searching the web for a while for some help.Thanks and best regards,Fred Towery
January 5th, 2010 2:00am

Hello Fred,Have you configured Domain group policy for "User Rights Assignment\Logon as Service"?You can run "rsop.msc" on the new Window 2008 Datacenter server to verify it. - Check [Computer Configuration | Windows Settings | Security Settings | Local Policies | User Rights Assignment | Logon as Service] if it's Not DefinedHowever, you can also apply this setting to Windows 2008 Datacenter server via group policy.For more information, you can refer to:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd378987(WS.10).aspxBest regards,Wilson JiaThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 5th, 2010 10:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics