Cannot logon to My Microsoft server 2008
Hi I have a domain server (HP ProLiant ML1500G6). I have MS Server 2008 installed on it. When reboot (for any reason), it completes the hardware tests. Right after the viewing the options:- Press (F7) for... Press (F10) for.. The screen goes blank with an underscore cursor blinking at near left top of the screen. I'm really fed up with this issue. The system is fully updated. Can you please help me? Regards, Hemin
August 29th, 2012 10:39am

Hello, Have you recently updated any hardware drivers or installed any new applications on this server? It could be a boot issue, try use BOOTREC.exe tool to fix Windows startup. How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392 Boot with a Windows Server 2008 CD and at the Command Prompt run these commands. bootrec /fixmbr bootrec /fixboot bootrec /ScanOs bootrec /RebuildBCD If no luck, use the System Repair option or In-place upgrade which should solve the problem. Please involve HP support to help check hardware as well. Thanks Zhang
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 30th, 2012 12:16am

Thank you Zhang, I have updated some of critical security updates from Microsoft. Suprisingly, the problem was as the following; In the BIOS, all the booting sequence options were in parentheses [CD\DVD] , [Hard Drive]. I did not know the reason. we were able to make it boot, but now I'm scared to restart it. The Server is slow and not functioning very well. We had some booting problems before but it was nos severe as it's now. Do you recommend any hardware update, diagnostic tools to pin point the problem? Thank you again Regards
August 30th, 2012 9:05am

Hello, I dont understand why boot devices are in parenthesis. As you said, the problem started to happen after applying some system updates. Have you looked into update history and check which updates were installed? Uninstall them and see if the server still fails in reboot. To diagnose a server hardware problem, consult with HP. Thanks Zhang
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2012 4:32am

Hello, I dont understand why boot devices are in parenthesis. As you said, the problem started to happen after applying some system updates. Have you looked into update history and check which updates were installed? Uninstall them and see if the server still fails in reboot. To diagnose a server hardware problem, consult with HP. Thanks Zhang
August 31st, 2012 4:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics