Cannot logon on Domain Controler (Windows Server 2008 R2 in VHD)
I installed Windows Server 2008 R2 in VHD file (20GB fixed) on my laptop. After it I promoted it to domain controller - standard settings - I added user "robert" and added this account to Domain Admins group.When I try to logon as this user on this server, I get an error message "The User Profile Service service failed the Logon. User Profile cannot be loaded.". I try added next accout and all is the some problem. I can logon only on "Administrator" account :(I checked the event log and report’s multiple Events: Warning Event ID: 1509Description: Windows cannot copy file C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\Desktop.ini to location C:\Users\robert\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\Desktop.ini. This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights. Error Event ID: 1511Description: Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off. Error Event ID: 1500Description: Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, and that your network is functioning correctly. Warning Event ID: 6004Description: The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> failed a critical notification event. Warning Event ID: 6001Description: The winlogon notification subscriber <Sens> failed a notification event. I installed this 3 times and all I had the some problem :( Anybody else has seen this problem and can help? I install it for testing purposes only.Robert Stuczynski (Noise) - Blog: http://noiserobert.spaces.live.com/
February 27th, 2010 10:19pm

Hello,replace the default user profile from another Windows server 2008 machine. With deleting the current default user and copied another default user profile from another machines it should be solved.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 1st, 2010 1:21am

Add Everyone group to security tab of desktop.ini file at this location C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\Desktop.ini problem solved :)
July 22nd, 2010 9:37am

Hi Weber! Your answer was exactly correct; it solved my problem. Thank you so much. George-Canar
August 3rd, 2010 1:33pm

We also ran into the same issue on all our Exchange 2010 servers running on 2008 R2. Copying the profile from another machine resolved it too. I would be interested in knowing what causes the issue in the first place if anyone has figured it out.
August 23rd, 2010 11:24pm

i spent the whole day searching for a solution for this issue, and finally i found your answer. Really, thanks a lot mahhoni. You've helped me a lot.
September 14th, 2010 1:21am

Hi, Ran in to the same problem. I am also not able to use Remote Desktop from my WIN7 system to logon to the Win 2008 R2 Server. I created another copy of the default folder (under c\ Users), renamed the old one, changed the new one to "default" and ....... it worked. I was able to logon locally & remotely. Thx.
June 28th, 2011 5:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics