Cannot log on to my server....!
I have a Lab of server 2008 r2 installed as a local VM. The server in configured to be a domain controller. The server is trying to "auto login" with a user that have expired password - but I don't know what is the password. I do know the administrator password but I can't make it to logon with other user! The button for "Login as different user" is not showing up!! So here I stuck. - I tried logon with RDP - but I didn't configured it to accept RDP connection yet - so that won't help ether. - I tried safe mode, but it stills tries to auto login with the user that I can't restore its password. Any suggestions? Tamir Lavi
April 19th, 2011 1:09am

Hi Tamir, When you log on as a user, you can runas administrator for changing user's password. You can also install an additional DC to log on as administrator for restoring user's password. Brent Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 19th, 2011 2:20am

Well. if I could've logged on as a user... but I can't. I guess I have to go back to a snapshop from month ago. Thanks anyway.Tamir Lavi
April 19th, 2011 10:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics