Cannot install Windows 2008 in VMware
Why does each trial version of Windows 2008 ask for drivers that don't seem to exist for installation? I have been to so many tech forms about this and not getting any closer to installing than I was 4 days ago, I have tried just about everything, can someone please help me? Im about to rip out all of my hair and jump out of a basement window!! I am installing in VMware Workstation and Windows Virtual PC in a Windows 7 environment.
December 10th, 2010 12:24am

I really don't know what is going on. I have installed plenty of server 2008 vms on Windows 7 using WVPC and VirtualBox (I don't use VMWare) and never had any problems. Where are you storing the virtual hard disk for the vm? Is it an unusual storage device? Bill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 10th, 2010 1:41am

Hi, You didn’t mentioned the version of VMware Workstation you used. If you were using VMware Workstation 7.0, it should support Windows Server 2008. So please check whether the version you used is support Windows Server 2008 as a guest virtual machine. For more information, you can refer to: VMware Workstation 7.0 Release Notes http://www.vmware.com/support/ws7/doc/releasenotes_ws7.html By the way, what did you mean by “each trial version of Windows 2008 ask for drivers that don't seem to exist for installation”? Please elaborate it so we can perform the further research. In addition, you can take some screen shots, upload them to your site and then paste the link here. Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
December 10th, 2010 1:42am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics