Cannot edit queues/groups

Hi there,

I am struggling with a very strange behavior of SCSM in one of our customer environments: whenever I try to edit a queue or a group, the progress bar on the SCSM console is displayed and would never Close (left it open for >20 mins.). I have to kill the console process manually and the changes will not be applied. The same happens when I try to delete a queue or a group. At the same time, the System Center Data Access Service crashes and has to be restarted manually.

So I tried to export one of the management packs which contains a queue, edit the XML and remove the queue, then import the management pack again. The same happens: The MP import process does not finish, and the Data Access Service crashes.

I have tried different management packs, importing MPs using PowerShell, ran the console from different computers under different accounts. No luck :(

Apart from this, SCSM is working smoothly. No unusual errors in the Event Log. All users can work, and I can also create, modify and delete other items such as templates, enums, service and request offerings, views, user roles, etc.

SCSM was version 2012 R2 with UR2, I upgraded to UR5 today, but am still seeing the same problems.

Any hint?

Thanks in advance!

February 16th, 2015 9:47am

I have experienced somewhat the same behaviour, but for work items. Restarting the SDK service helped though. My best guess was that a commit to the DB could not be completed but somehow didn't timeout either and the lock on the tables was not released before the SDK service was restarted. Maybe you can investigate into what happens on the DB when you try to commit changes to the queues. Probably need to involve MS :(
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 16th, 2015 2:26pm

Hi Anders,

Thank you for your thoughts on this. I was also thinking that the next steps involve running SQL Profile while doing the change to see what happens on the DB. The annoying part is that the services would crash and users cannot work anymore, hence I have to choose out-of-office hours to do it...

Will share the results once I investigated further.

February 17th, 2015 3:31am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics