Cannot edit package in SQL Data Tools after upgrade to Windows 10

I "upgraded" to Windows 10 (I was installing a new c: drive anyway).  I installed SQL Server & SSIS, Visual Studio 2012, SQL Server Data Tools 2012, etc.

When I try to load up my project (.sln) in SQL Data Tools I get the following warnings/errors:

Warning 1 Warning loading DataImport.dtproj: Warning: Failed to decrypt an encrypted XML node. Verify that the project was created by the same user. Project load will attempt to continue without the encrypted information.
Warning 2 Warning loading DataImport.dtproj: Warning: Failed to decrypt sensitive data in project with a user key. You may not be the user who encrypted this project, or you are not using the same machine that was used to save the project. If the sensitive data is a parameter value, the value may be required to run the package on the Integration Services server.
Error 3 Error loading ImportFiles.dtsx: The version number in the package is not valid. The version number cannot be greater than current version number.  
Error 4 Error loading ImportFiles.dtsx: Package migration from version 8 to version 6 failed with error 0xC001700A "The version number in the package is not valid. The version number cannot be greater than current version number.".  
Error 5 Error loading ImportFiles.dtsx: Error loading value "<DTS:Property xmlns:DTS="www.microsoft.com/SqlServer/Dts" DTS:Name="PackageFormatVersion">8</DTS:Property>" from node "DTS:Property".  
Error 6 Error loading 'ImportFiles.dtsx' : The package failed to load due to error 0xC0010014 "One or more error occurred. There should be more specific errors preceding this one that explains the details of the errors. This message is used as a return value from functions that encounter errors.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails. 

I understand that perhaps this may be by design (as suggested in this article https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/62789ebb-c5c5-40a7-832f-fdea7161af03/decrypt-xml-node-failed-on-loading-master-package?forum=sqlintegrationservices).  But I do not know how to overcome this now.

As well as installing Windows 10, I had also renamed by computer.  I have tried renaming it back (I noticed some references to the computer name in the xml), but no difference.

Have I installed the wrong versions of one of the software?  If so, how could I check which one I need to install (to match the VS project/dts package)?  

I have this and a few other issues I need to resolve with this move to Win10, so any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  in Advance!

August 24th, 2015 7:29pm

can share event log..
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 9:36pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics