Cannot download hofix 939820
Hello, I am trying to do a migration from SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 and the migration tool has listed a couple of errors that point to the need to download hotfix 939820. When trying to get the hotfix the following error shows up: The image validation service is unavailable. Please press the button below to renew the challenge image I try to do the audio and no sound plays. Any suggestions out there? Thanks, laltoLarry Altobelli
September 15th, 2012 3:53pm

Hi, From Which web browser are you trying to download the hotfix ? If you use Firefox or chrome, you will see the errors. Please use IE to download Windows hotfixes.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 15th, 2012 4:08pm

Same here. Trying to download Hotfix 968730 but no image displayed. Even tried on different platforms and browsers - always the same result... unfortunately... Peter
September 15th, 2012 4:09pm

Same here, any resolution? can't download a hotfix due to this issue.
September 15th, 2012 4:13pm

Yes, indeed a problem. Looks like CAPTCHA image generator is down on that particular page.
September 15th, 2012 4:23pm

Its also happening to other hotfix pages. Fix 371453 is having the same problem. i have tried diffrent machines, browsers and physical locations. I think its safe to say its a website issue.Gene Vinson Netpro Computer Corp.
September 15th, 2012 4:24pm

you may ask questions here and you may get some answers. http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support You may fill in a bug report in Site Feedback section also. https://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/mailform/contactus.aspx?
September 15th, 2012 4:27pm

Using IE 8 and IE 9 on different PCs and platforms (xp, SBS 2003 and Win 7). No luck - actually looks like a website issue although the challenge image works in other places....(Chat Support)Larry Altobelli
September 15th, 2012 5:40pm

I started the SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 migration yesterday arfternoon (Australia) and I couldn't get onto the updates either and still can't! I also thought it was a browswer issue untill I tried several from different PCs etc... Means we are in limbo! I need to have this server back in the office on Monday (Sunday morning here now)
September 15th, 2012 7:25pm

Same thing in Australia. Had to stay an extra night out of town because of it, and it's still not letting me download in the morning.
September 15th, 2012 7:33pm

I am having the same issue with a different hotfix. Definitely looks like something broken on MS side. Regards JF
September 16th, 2012 12:08am

I have this problem with SQL 2008 R2 SP1 CU4 the problem is not related to browser
September 16th, 2012 8:59am

The Captcha server has been down now for 24 hours. Aren't there any pro-active diagnostics running on microsoft.com? Weekends are for patching! Unbelievable.Tom
September 16th, 2012 11:44am

Same here... trying to download a security hotfix.. ironic that a security "feature" compromises the availability of security patches/hotfixes. +1 on the pro-active diagnostics ... it's a weekend, we're working and clearly MS isn't..
September 16th, 2012 12:51pm

Hello, I just reported this issue on Microsoft Connect. https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/762953/the-image-validation-service-is-unavailable I hope the service is fixed soon. Hope this helps. Regards, Alberto Morillo SQLCoffee.com
September 17th, 2012 12:33am

They must have noticed your report - seems to be working now
September 17th, 2012 8:41am

Lawrence This "inconvenience" ruined our maintenance day. Can you please explain how this issue remained for over 3 days?
September 19th, 2012 3:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics