Cannot create stored procedure in Azure SQL database

the error is because of this line  'use PPSC_Sky_Data'.

connect to your database directly, remove that use statement and  execute your statement and it should be good.

February 20th, 2015 1:16am

When I try to create a stored procedure using Management Studio

(Snippet follows

use

PPSC_Sky_Data

go

/****** Object:  StoredProcedure [dbo].[sp_RegisterProd]    Script Date: 17-02-2015 17:52:50 ******/

SET

ANSI_NULLS ON

GO

SET

QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

GO

CREATE

proc [dbo].[sp_RegisterProd] @inputMachid nvarchar(50),@inputDomainname nvarchar(255),@inputwsid nvarchar(255),@inputipv4 nvarchar(50),

@custno

as nvarchar(50),@email as  nvarchar(50),@telephone as nvarchar(50),@RegType as int

(end of snippet)

It fails with message 40508 - (not allowed to switch between databases) then tells me I am not authorized to create an SP in the Master db.

So....

How can I create a procedure in AZURE Sql?

Thanks

Murray

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 20th, 2015 2:33am

the error is because of this line  'use PPSC_Sky_Data'.

connect to your database directly, remove that use statement and  execute your statement and it should be good.

February 20th, 2015 4:16am

Thanks for the suggestion, June but that doesn't work.

There seems to be no way to use the management console to interact with an Azure server in any way other than minimally. No import/export, no procedure creation.

I had to go online in Azure and use their tools which is a very cumbersome process.

You have to manually add every variable. When you add the variable you cannot easily change the type of variable. If you choose nvarchar from the dropdown it doesn't hold. You have to do it many times before it actual takes.

There is no Run action. Rather the Save does the compile process.

Can't see how to debug it at all.

You also can't simply upload table data.

Murray

February 20th, 2015 6:48pm

Hi 9gwcycn,

Creating stored procedures is not allowed in Master Database. You have to switch to Database PPSC_Sky_Data manually, use statement is not supported. After that could you please confirm again? As Creating and altering Stored procedures work fine from my SSMS.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.
February 24th, 2015 9:33am

Hi Eric,

I had already tried this before with no success.

I was unable to understand that because I have never had such an issue in my time working with MS SQL Server.

This time I was able to key it in with no issues.

So I guess it was operator error.

Thanks for your help.

Murray

February 24th, 2015 3:40pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics