Cannot create protection groups from Azure Portal

Trying to setup Azure Site Recovery. Have successfully added the Hyper-V Sites and installed the provider and applied the registration key. Both servers show green. 

The issue is when moving to the next step in the process of creating a Protection Group. I click create new protection group and the normal drop down list and options do not show up. I get an error saying "An error occurred while retrieving the required data for this view."  I have tried logging off and on trying different browsers (Chrome, IE, Mozilla) with same results. Have also tried multiple computers and servers same result. 

I have looked up the PowerShell commands to try to find how to create the protection group from PowerShell but no luck finding specific command. 

For now I am going to try to delete the sites, vault, and create everything from scratch. 

<button aria-label="Replication Settings" class="fx-balloonicon-button" type="button">Replication Settings</button>
  • Edited by DMA107 Tuesday, January 20, 2015 3:45 PM
January 20th, 2015 6:44pm

Hi,

Do you want to setup ASR (Hyper-V to Azure) without VMM? Please refer to here:- http://www.ms4u.info/2014/12/configure-azure-site-recovery-asr.html

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 21st, 2015 4:18pm

Hello,

Please can you share the following detail with me

1) Go to the Jobs view of the ASR Vault & find the jobs which were run during the Registration of both your servers.

2) Drill into the job and from the properties page please send us the JobId.

We will need this information to understand what could have potentially gone wrong with the Vault.

Regards,

Anoop KV

January 23rd, 2015 5:33pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics