Cannot connect to the Windows Azure Backup Agent

I have researched this issue in some depth.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Windows Azure Backup (WAB) agent several times, and I have applied the update mentioned in other similar topics.

My Windows Server 2012 Essentials Dashboard cannot connect to the Windows Azure Backup Agent:

I can launch the Windows Azure Backup Agent separately and run a manual backup, but every job fails:

More details in the next message.

February 17th, 2014 8:44pm

There is no status given for the jobs that fail.

However, it seems to be related to the Windows Azure Backup Integration Service:

Mode details in the next message.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 17th, 2014 8:45pm

The two services are not running, and the Backup Agent is set to Manual:

I changed this to Automatic and rebooted the server:

More details in the next message.

February 17th, 2014 8:47pm

However, even after a reboot the service is still stopped.

I have reinstalled the add-in, checked the throttling, adjusted the settings, re-registered the server, checked the Azure Backup Vault, and researched the issue thoroughly.  I have found nothing.  I repeatedly receive the alert that the Windows Azure Backup Integration Service is not running and none of my backups are running.

Please can someone direct me to a fix for this, because as it stands the Windows Azure Backup is not working.

February 17th, 2014 8:50pm

Hi deanwsmith,

Sorry for my delay.

Based on current situation, please let me confirm if you install Windows Azure Backup Agent as below guide document.

Install Windows Azure Backup Agent and upload the certificate

Meanwhile, have you attempted to follow the solution that Pan Chen provided in the similar thread? Did this issue still persists?

Please select Dependencies tab in Windows Azure Backup Agent Properties. Then check what system components and services did this service depend and please make sure they run as normal.

If issue still exists, please located to: Program Files\Windows Azure Backup Agent\Temp folder. Then check CBEngineCurr.errlog, CBCmdletCurr.errlog and CBUICurr.errlog if can find some error details, may help us to go further analysis. Please also navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs and check if can find any clues.

By the way, before signing in to the Windows Azure Online Backup portal and downloading the integration module, have you manually added https://activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ and http://download.microsoft.com/ to the Trusted sites of Internet Explorer?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

February 19th, 2014 2:22am

Hi deanwsmith,

Sorry for inconvenience.

Could you please send %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs\OnlineBackupProvider.log to me(Pan.Chen@microsoft.com) and I will investigate what happened.

Thanks,

Pan

February 19th, 2014 4:56am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics