Cannot connect to network ressources from a server
Hi all, I' not able to connect from a server (W2k3 STD SP2) to other network ressources. I also cannot reach shares of the same server if I try to open it on this server. I can rech these shares from other clients, I can ping all other devices . . . If I want to browse the own domain I get a message like "wrong parameter"! I do not have more than one NIC ativted on this server! In the event log I have an ID 8021 Browser message. It is very urgent for me, can someone help me very quickly, please??????? cw
August 13th, 2010 11:00am

Hi, Thanks for the post. In this case, please check the following points: 1. Can we connect from this server to other network resources via IP address instead of host name? 2. Please use Portqry.exe to check if the following ports are open on this Win2k3 server Application protocol Protocol Ports NetBIOS Datagram Service UDP 138 NetBIOS Name Resolution UDP 137 NetBIOS Session Service TCP 139 SMB TCP 445 Description of the Portqry.exe command-line utility http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310099 What’s the result? Meanwhile, you could refer to the following article to troubleshoot this issue: Common causes and solutions of browser Event ID 8021 and Event ID 8032 on domain master browsers http://support.microsoft.com/kb/135404 Thanks, MilesPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 16th, 2010 8:28am

Hi, I just want to check if the information provided was helpful. If there is any update on this issue, please feel free to let me know. We are looking forward to your reply.Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 23rd, 2010 4:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics