Cannot Access Windows 2008 Server and Network Drives
Since this afternoon I have a strange problem. I am running windows server 2008 standard on a small domain environment with 1 pc and 4 laptops. Until today no one had any problems and then suddenly the network drives became unavailable. The first thing I did was try to log on to the server and noticed that it will no longer accept my domain administrator username & password. The strange this is the same username & password works fine on all the pc's/laptops in the domain and their internet connectivity is fine but when I try to log on to the server to see whats going on it just gives me the bad username & password error. When I try to remap the network drives from a users pc/laptop i get an error stating; Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect Can anyone help with this?? Thanks
August 8th, 2011 7:58pm

Do you have any other account available to try connecting with? Can you try to change password from one of the workstations (Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then 'Change a Password...'?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 14th, 2011 2:54pm

yes their is one other admin account I tried with but i didnt work either. the only way I can log on is in safe mode. Ive actually wiped everything now and reinstalled the os becuase I couldnt wait. I did try a clean boot and disabled other services but nothing seemed to work. its working fine now anyway but would be nice if anyone had any idea what was the cause of this? thanks
August 15th, 2011 10:39pm

Hello, As Tomika mentioned, it would have been good to log is as administrator from a workstation to see if there is a problem with the credentials or not. Another thing you could have tried is to use netbiosdomainname\administrator syntax in the log on screen. Cheers Miguel Fra / Falcon IT Services Computer & Network Support, Miami, FL Visit our Knowledgebase and Support Sharepoint Site
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 15th, 2011 11:19pm

hi , just to let you know I have reformatted the server because nothing was working, not sure what happened....very strange :0(
September 17th, 2011 5:26pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics