Can windows Server 2008 support tablet PC ???
I have a suveyon testing Windows Server 2008. But not on a desktop or server. I had already installed Windoes Server 2008 Enterprise on my tablet pc - HP TC4400 to test my new web applications. And I have many questions about the hardware supporting on Windows Server 2008. The first one is the tabtip panel and digital ink on Windows Server 2008. I had already turn on the service - Tablet PC Input service, but still can't use the tabtip panel and digital ink. Is there any one have the same question ?? Thank you
March 2nd, 2008 10:21pm

Hello, According to the following KB article, it seems tablet is not supported on Windows Server 2008 Operating System. How to enable Windows Vista user experience features on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;947036 The following Windows Vista features are not available in Windows Server 2008: Tablet support Thanks. Regards, Neo Zhu -MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 6th, 2008 1:46pm

That Microsoft article also says that Sidebar is not available with Windows Server 2008, but if you search a little you will find numerous sites that tell you how to enable it with Server 2008. I would assume that Tablet PC can be enabled too, using the same methods as Sidebar.
April 16th, 2008 8:42pm

Hello! As a Tablet PC Fanactic, I hope it will be possible to use Windows 2008 Server with the full features known form Vista on my Tablet PC. Tomorrow my brand new Motion LE1700 should arrive so I will try it and post my experience here. Kind regards from germany!
May 1st, 2008 11:28am

It's me again. I recieved it and gave the server 2008 a try, but without success, the pen was working but there was no taptip was available. Even with installed Themes. :-( Maybe someone will find a way to get it working.
May 2nd, 2008 4:04pm

Hmm. I am also playing around with this scenario (T/PC & WS2008) and I am finding myself in the same trap. I was thinking about copying the required tabtip.exe and related files from another Vista installation. These files are located in \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ink\ and are missing in the W2k8 install. Unfortunately I only have a 64-bit Vista Ultimate and that compile does not run on W2k8. Maybe someone else can give this a try? I assume that you don't even have to copy the subdirs.... Let me know if it worked out....
May 22nd, 2008 9:00pm

Has anyone got tablet features working under W2k8?I've just recently upgraded my tablet from Vista to W2k8 and I really missout tabtip and other handy features.Jason Eames
October 18th, 2008 7:07pm

I have a Lenovo W500 with Server 08 64BIT and Hyper-V. I have a Intuos3 tablet and have the same issue. I really liked the handwriting recognition when I installed it on my Vista 32, and would love the tab tips to be on my workhorse server 08...If anyone gets this to work, PLEASE let us know...Isn't there any third party software for this???Michael :)MMayo
October 28th, 2008 8:29am

I think tablet is not supported on Windows Server 2008 Operating System. How to enable Windows Vista user experience features on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008
April 11th, 2011 4:08am

Hello, now - three years later - I've got still the same problem from the pots of this page: How can I use the touch keyboard in Tablet PC Input Panel (TapTip.exe) on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2. I followed the advices from: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee318410%28v=vs.85%29.aspx Ink services works fine now but I still need the touch keyboard and not handwriting recognition or some kind of wrintig pad. Hope to get some help here!? Best regards, Juergen
June 21st, 2011 10:08am

Hello, now - three years later - I've got still the same problem from the posts of this page: How can I use the touch keyboard in Tablet PC Input Panel (TapTip.exe) on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2. I followed the advices from: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee318410%28v=vs.85%29.aspx Ink services works fine now but I still need the touch keyboard and not handwriting recognition or some kind of writing pad. Hope to get some help here!? Best regards, Juergen
June 21st, 2011 5:03pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics