Can not register schmgmt.dll
Dear all, Recently i have migrated from W03 to Win 2008 R2 i can not load the schmgmt.dll as the error shown below "The Module "schmgmt.dll" failed to load make sure the binary is stored at the speci path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent.DLL the Specified module could not be found" Godblessings......RaSa
January 11th, 2011 11:16pm

Try openning a command prompt with "run as administrator" and try again. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 11th, 2011 11:39pm

Hello RaSa, This is because User Account Control (UAC) might be limiting your capabilities even if you logged on using an account that is a member of the Schema Admins group. You do need to login or start an elevated command prompt using an account that is a member of the Schema Admins group. To open an elevated command prompt, click the Start button in the toolbar, type Command Prompt. Then, right-click Command Prompt from the Start menu and click Run as administrator. The module "schmmgmt.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80040201 http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/the-module-quot-schmmgmt-dll-quot-was-loaded-but-the-call-to-dllregisterserver-failed-with-error-code-0x80040201.aspx Install the Active Directory Schema Snap-In http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732110.aspx BrentPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 11th, 2011 11:52pm

Dear Brent, I tried run as administrator and i am not getting error code as shown in your Link0X80040201 instead i got an error as follows "The Module "schmgmt.dll" failed to load make sure the binary is stored at the speci path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent.DLL the Specified module could not be found" RegardsRaSa
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 18th, 2011 1:21am

Hello Rasa, It seems to be "schmmgmt.dll" not "schmgmt.dll". Typo? Can you find the "schmmgmt.dll" file in the %systemroot%\System32 folder? Brent Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
January 18th, 2011 1:39am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics