Can not manage remote W7 systems from Windows 2003 Server R2
I have some W7 installations, and from my 2K3 server R2, I can not remotely manage them. (right click on compyter name - and mamange) I get that the computer path is wrong, while I know that the computer is live and kicking. Where do I need to start and look for the problem? thanks. UAC is disabled on the remote W7
February 10th, 2010 6:55pm

Hello can your remotely connect to this w7 computers using RDP?Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 10th, 2010 9:39pm

Hi ,Are you trying to connect to windows 7 systems using "Connect to another computer " using computer management wizard ??if so can you try providing a) ipaddress of windows 7 b) FQDN of windows 7 and check the behavior ?, also please post the error while you perform the above tasks
February 11th, 2010 6:44am

Hello,in addition to the others, is the firewall enabled on Windows 7, by default it is?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 22nd, 2010 12:00am

Hi All, and thanks for your answers. I will try to provide some more information, as this issue still persists: I still can not access these computers, not by RDP and not by wizard. I tried to RDP to both the FQDN, IP and computer name. The firewall is disabled (part of our Group Policy) 2 more points: I do not see the computer on my network list I can not ping the computer The computer is in my domain, but I can not manage it, nor remote to it DOH !!!! Thank you for some more advices. Saar
May 17th, 2010 9:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics