Can not delete Task created by RemoteApp and Desktop Connection when user does not exist anymore
Hello, -- To fix the problem I tried to delete the unneeded task on every Terminal Server - which is not possible. What is the error code or message received? Try run CMD as administrator and use the command schtasks /delete to remove the unneeded tasks. Or, you can go to C:\Windows\Tasks folder and delete the unneeded tasks here. Thanks ZHANG
March 5th, 2012 11:42am

When I open "Scheduled Tasks" on a Windows 2008 R2 Terminal Server I get several error messages related to task which were created by RemoteApp and Desktop Connections. Taskplaner->Microsoft->Windows->RemoteApp and Desktop Connections -> user@domain For every user three tasks are created at first login to the server. The problem (the error messages) started to happen when we deleted some old useraccounts. To fix the problem I tried to delete the unneeded task on every Terminal Server - which is not possible. As a workaround I had to recreate a user profile with the old username - then I was able to delete the old tasks. It would be nice if this could be fixed, so you are able to delete these task even if the user does not exist anymore - or even clean up the old task by removing them in case the user does not exist anymore.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 10th, 2012 8:59am

Hello, -- To fix the problem I tried to delete the unneeded task on every Terminal Server - which is not possible. What is the error code or message received? Try run CMD as administrator and use the command schtasks /delete to remove the unneeded tasks. Or, you can go to C:\Windows\Tasks folder and delete the unneeded tasks here. Thanks ZHANG
March 11th, 2012 4:42am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics