Can not PXE Boot with Server 2008 R2 : Getting Error 4 Access Violation on the Client
When I boot a client using PXE I am able to get through everything right up to the tftp transition on that I get error code 4 access violation, The client can connect to the server fine. The server has these roles installed and working.. Active Directory Domain Services DHCP Server DNS Server File Services Windows Deployment Services The Server and client are both guests of Virtualbox My network is a internal network and I have got the DCHP Server on the Server working fine, I have tested and pinged the server using Ubuntu inside of the Client with success. Also this is a fresh unmodded install of WDS. Also I have looked at everything on Google up to the second page. Thanks in Advance for any useful help.
April 19th, 2011 6:10pm

Hi, Please use Hyper-V to test it. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/Windows-deployment-services--deploying-a-Virtualized-sever.aspx http://www.adamb.com/?p=11 Tim Quan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 19th, 2011 10:28pm

I am sorry but this is what I am using and I can nether install Hyper-V in a virtual machine or have a physical machine to test it. Otherwise Virtualbox is working fine in all but the access violation which I have found is a problem with Windows Server 2008 somewhere.
April 19th, 2011 10:47pm

After trying a different network adaptor I can now begin the boot but i am getting code 0xc0000001 : The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible After looking at the issue seems that you have a hotfix for it, how would I get it?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 20th, 2011 12:17am

Hi, Since Virtualbox is a program manufactured by a company independent of Microsoft, we are not the best resource to troubleshoot this issue. You may contact Oracle for assistance. Tim Quan
April 20th, 2011 12:54am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics