Can anyone help me?Creating the shadow copies in the file server cluster ,there are some errors occured, OS version is WSS 2012

I construct a failover cluster(file server,AP module) for share files by WSS 2012,and I want to use the shadow copies to backup my data,but when making  a shadow copies on the volume which  is added to the cluster(not the CSV,just add it to the cluster and use it to share files,it plays the role of file server),there are some errors occured, these errors result in the shadow copies failed,error likes the following pictures:

1: the disk F is added to the cluster,first I make the shadow copies by click the right key of mouse on the disk F,and chouse the configeration shadow copies,and click the settings, then click the schedule , and I wait just a few seconds, the error is appeared,like this picture 1, the wait operation timed out,and then ,picture 1

I click the schedule button once again,a different error occured,like the following picture," the object already exists",if i don't set the schedule at first ,use the default shedule,and click the enable button also the same  error must  accure

but the only diffrent is that, a shadow copy time point is created, also ,you can make the shadow copies by click " create now", that is creating the shadow copies manually. Although it can succesfully make the shadow copies, but when I select a time point to revert, error  occured, "A volume that contains operating system files or resides on a cluster shared disk cannot be reverted" 

In a word,all the errors above make the shadow copies by schedulling failed,except making the shadow copies manually,but what makes me confused is that I have ever maked the shadow copies succesfully by schedul a policy,I don't know what makes it succesful, it's small probability, most of time ,it's failed.No matter what kind of situation, revert must be failed.

I'm sorry for my pool english , it's the first time for me getting help in forum by english ,I don't know if I descripe my question clearly, also ,other method like the link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc784118(v=ws.10).aspx I have tried,but the same errors occured.Can anyone tell me How can I make the shadow copies in File Server clusterAP moduleAnd I make a mistake in operating Looking forward for your reply.Thanks!

August 10th, 2013 4:52am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics