Can a setup project inherit the folder structure of a merge module?
Hi, I am using VS 2008. I have a merge module which has this file system,Application Folder -> assemblies -> myapp.dllI created a setup project and added this merge module and a primary output of another project, to that setup. I need that primary output also to be copied to 'Application Folder -> assemblies'So I created that folder structure in this setup project as well. and placed the primary output there.Is there a way that I don't need to re create the same folder structure in both the merge module and the setup project when placing dlls as the above case?OR is there a way that I can create the folder structure of the merge module, in the setup project by some code or a script?(Here what I don't need is manually creating the same folder structure twice. Because this concept needed to be applied in a large project)Thanks,Sandun
September 15th, 2008 1:11pm

Hello, You may want to post this in our MSDN forum. People there have better knowledge on developing-related questions and they may help you to achieve what you need efficiently. They may also share some useful information with you. http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn Thank you for your understanding and I hope this will be resolved soon. Best regards, Chang Yin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 17th, 2008 2:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics