Can a power pivot dashboard be shared with someone that does not have PP installed (XL2010)?

I have recently installed PP and need to share the reports with management members in other parts of the world; most of which do not have PP installed.

Will the slicers work? I tried sharing one with a colleague and the report complained about the link to database, even though the  power pivot table was done with "Create Linked Table" from data within the workbook.

Yes, I am quite new to this field.

Many thanks,

PC 

June 19th, 2015 9:24am

You'll have to install Power Pivot on their machine. The good news with Excel 2013 is that Power Pivot comes automatically with the Excel installation (as long as you have the right version of Excel).
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2015 12:19pm

You'll have to install Power Pivot on their machine. The good news with Excel 2013 is that Power Pivot comes automatically with the Excel installation (as long as you have the right version of Excel).
June 19th, 2015 4:16pm

Hi PC,

According to your description, you need to know if we can share the PowerPivot report to the users without PowerPivot installed, right?

There are two options for us to share PowerPivot workbooks.

• PowerPivot Gallery in SharePoint Server
  • Open it directly who have PowerPivot for excel installed.

Any user who wants to take advantage of the PowerPivot features needs to have PowerPivot for Excel installed on their machine to fully run the report. So in your scenario, without PowerPivot installed, the you can deploy the PowerPivot worksheet to SharePoint site, and grant the corresponding access to user, so there can access the workbook.
http://blog.softartisans.com/2012/07/27/powerpivot-part-4-sharing-powerpivot-workbooks/
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/d810eaf1-f24e-4ca1-9ed8-cb01e40432db/ways-to-share-the-power-pivot-workbook?forum=sqlkjpowerpivotforexcel

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 24th, 2015 10:26pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics