Can a PS script be used for syncing to local content to sharepoint online on a permanent basis?

I started this question over in sharepoint, but they recommended I ask it here.

The dealbreaker preventing rollout of Office 365 is to have our local onprem file server folders synced up to the online services. It isn't going to work with OneDriveForBusiness, but it might be possible with Office 365 SharePoint Sites.

I stumbled across this powershell script that automatically uploads an entire folder structure to sharepoint online. So I was wondering if it could be scheduled on our file server to run every 15 minutes and create an automatic sync system between local and online that essentially does for the server what OnedriveForBusiness does for a single user.

Is it possible?

Mark

March 20th, 2015 5:48pm

You don't want to do that.  It will waste resources.  You can create a mapping to Sharepoint as a drive and use RoboCopy to sync the drives.

I recommend that you think this through and consider security and performance issues. Be sure you understand this completely.

It would be best if you had an Azure server synced with DFSR and then make the Azure system visible via SharePoint.  Post in O365 forum for this as it is not a scripting issue.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 20th, 2015 7:06pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics