Can I use technet versions of the software in this manner
My work is having us get server certified and to top that off my o/s crash on my home "server". My question is can i use our company technet software to setup on my home server for learning but it would also be my server during that time till i can buy some other software?
June 29th, 2011 10:16pm

Why don't you download the evaluation version from the Microsoft site? It's valid for 180 days and you can rearm it several times..Miguel Fra / Falcon IT Services Computer & Network Support, Miami, FL Visit our Knowledgebase and Support Sharepoint Site
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 29th, 2011 10:21pm

The terms of use for Technet software are quite clear. Not for production purposes. If you're using it only to evaluate and learn products, I don't think you are in breach of the licence agreement.
June 30th, 2011 2:34am

Hi John, TechNet Subscriptions FAQ has the following explanation: Can I use evaluation software received in my TechNet Subscription on my devices in my home? The TechNet Subscription license terms grant one user the right to install the program software on any devices, including those located at his or her home, but the user must fully comply with all the license terms no matter where the device is located. In other words, one user may install and use the evaluation software, only to evaluate it. You may not use it in a live operating environment, a staging or production environment, or with data that has not been sufficiently backed up. You may not use the evaluation software for software development or in an application development environment. For more information, please refer to: TechNet Subscriptions Frequently Asked Questions http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/ms772427.aspx Regards, Bruce Forum Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 30th, 2011 10:34pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics