Can I mount a page blob as a remote NTFS disk from my local server or desktop?

Is it possible yet, to mount an Azure page blob as an NTFS volume with the most recent Azure offerings? This was promised a while back and seems to be available via 3rd parties such as Gladinet. Ideal would be a shared NTFS volume offering from Azure from Microsoft. I mostly want to robocopy archive files offsite to Azure blobs, but would also like to do some file sharing across servers and desktops not part of Azure. I am looking for the fastest means to implement two way copy of data files between our servers and Azure storage.

Thanks for your input

January 21st, 2014 12:56am

I already know about Gladinet and may go that route but MSFT certainly implied in the past they would offer Azure blobs as mountable disk storage. Nothing else mentioned in either link offered this functionality besides Gladinet. Thanks, Dave
January 21st, 2014 10:30am

As far as I know from my past experiences, there is no option given by Azure to mount blobs as disk in local machine. They have it on Azure VMs as 'Attach Disk' feature, but it's not yet rolled out as a tool for on -premises.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 29th, 2014 11:04am

the only thing that I see is Azure Cloud Drive. I am not sure if that serves your purpose.

http://shayyannay.wordpress.com/2012/04/28/windows-azure-cloud-drive-best-practices/

February 28th, 2014 12:35pm

Sure it would. "If" it didn't have to be from inside Azure only...
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 28th, 2014 12:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics