Can Azure billing charges be passed to customers?

Hi,

If I provide solutions to my customers using the Azure platform (for example a combination of Service Bus & Event Hubs, Stream Analytics, HD Insight, Machine Learning, Storage, etc) are there restrictions in terms of passing the charges from Azure (plus my bespoke fees as a percentage of Azure charges) on to my customers?

In this model I will remain the owner of the Azure services - almost like a letting and sub letting arrangement.

I am not so much looking for a solution as to how to achieve this (although if there are apps out there that can help me manage this then great - any advice appreciated), I am rather looking for if there are any restrictions on this.

Many thanks,

June 23rd, 2015 8:23pm

Hello Etienne Oosthuysen,

Yes, you should be able to add your customer as a Billing Administrator, Billing administrator should be able to make purchases, manages subscriptions, manages support tickets, and monitors service health.
Please refer to the link that will give you information on different permissions that you can assign to different users:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn468213.aspx

Thanks,
Syed Irfan Hussain

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 24th, 2015 4:35am

Hi Syed,

Unfortunately it does not really answer the question. I do not want to give the customer access to the Azure platform at all. Our company will be the Azure Customer and therefor anything we do will be billed to us by Microsoft. But we will use the services on Azure on behalf of customers (we will for example conduct predictive analytics using Machine Learning on behalf of customers, then store results in a blob storage container, and make the results available to a subscription of Power BI Pro). 

All of these services and activities are done in our name using our subscription, but we do so on behalf of our customer/s. So we would then want to pass the charges we have been charged (for ML, Storage, etc) on to the relevant customers ojn behalf of who we provided the services for on our subscription.

Are there are restrictions in this regard?

June 24th, 2015 7:37am

Yes, you should be able to add your customer as a Billing Administrator, Billing administrator should be able to make purchases, manages subscriptions, manages support tickets, and monitors service health.
Please refer to the link that will give you information on different permissions that you can assign to different users:

Thanks,
Syed Irfan Hussain

• Proposed as answer by Kjetil Tonstad Wednesday, June 24, 2015 8:31 AM
June 24th, 2015 8:30am

Thanks,
Syed Irfan Hussain

• Proposed as answer by Kjetil Tonstad Wednesday, June 24, 2015 8:31 AM
June 24th, 2015 8:30am

Hello Etienne,

I got this from your first post. I thought that you might want to add your customers as the billing administrators to your account to make payments (I understand thats not an option). There is no restriction in charging your customers with respect to this. However, there is no option within Azure that will help you do this.
You might have to share these bills with your customers and have them pay for you.

Thanks,
Syed Irfan Hussain

June 25th, 2015 12:02am

Hello Etienne,

I got this from your first post. I thought that you might want to add your customers as the billing administrators to your account to make payments (I understand thats not an option). There is no restriction in charging your customers with respect to this. However, there is no option within Azure that will help you do this.
You might have to share these bills with your customers and have them pay for you.

Thanks,
Syed Irfan Hussain

June 25th, 2015 3:56am

Hello Etienne,

Thanks,
Syed Irfan Hussain

June 25th, 2015 3:56am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics