Can't use mouse scroll within forms

Hello,

I have been working with SCSM 2012 since the public beta was released and I don't know why I haven't noticed this until my analysts said something but the mouse scroll wheel doesn't work within any of the forms.  It will scroll if you put the cursor directly over the vertical scroll bar but if the mouse is within the form its self it doesn't work.

This is one of the most basic functionalities, is there any way to get that to work?  What is it about how the form is designed that doesn't allow the scrolling?

I would be surprised if this is the first post anyone has made about this so if it's a duplicate I apologize.

Thanks,

Dustin

August 9th, 2012 4:11pm

Hello Dustin,

Just to be sure, are you talking about the Request Offering wizard pages in the Self-Service Portal, for instance the generic incident request form?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 9th, 2012 5:46pm

Sorry I should have clarified, when in the console with the incident form or another form open is when the scrolling doesn't work.
August 9th, 2012 8:32pm

Hi Dustin,

I can confirm this bug, though if remember correctly, it only applies to some forms, not all. It's been reported on connect already, but please go vote on it:
https://connect.microsoft.com/SC/feedback/details/753389/scrolling-with-mouse-wheel-in-throughout-the-system-is-inconsistent#tabs

Regards
//Anders

August 9th, 2012 11:58pm

Thanks Anders,

I placed my vote however in your comments on the bug ticket you say it works in Service Requests, for me it does not work in Service Requests or Incidents.  It also doesn't work in Activity forms either, I haven't tried all of the different forms but so far it doesn't work in any that I have tried.

August 10th, 2012 12:10am

Intresting, you should add that as a comment as well!

Regards
//Anders

August 10th, 2012 8:36am

I can confirm that this is happening to us in SCSM 2012 with the Incident forms, and I'm unable to vote for it using the link provided in this thread as it takes me to a "page not found" error.
October 4th, 2012 6:32pm

Link doesn't work for me either. There are a lot of bugs in SCSM 2012. I can't believe they release this garbage without testing basic features like mouse wheel scrolling!
November 8th, 2012 4:50pm

Don't worry about getting to the link, MS closed the bug ticket and said it won't be fixed, response is quoted below.  I guess we were asking too much.

"Posted by Microsoft on 8/13/2012 at 10:48 AM                                        

After evaluating this, our developers have determined it will not be fixed/added to this release.

We will keep this consideration in mind for our next release.

Thank you.

Regards,
Babulal Ghule"
  • Proposed as answer by FoaRyan Friday, November 21, 2014 5:50 PM
November 8th, 2012 5:01pm

We have the same issue after upgrading to 2012. This is the thing most technicians have commented/complained about.
December 10th, 2012 6:29pm

That's funny, after evaluating this (and a host of other bugs/errors/features/whatevertheycallitthesedays), my company has determined we'll be using another product to replace Service Manager!
November 21st, 2014 8:51pm

I wonder when the next release will come out, it's february 2015 now and the problem hasn't been fixed yet, this is really pathetic, specially when the scroll function works in most of MS's other applications, strange..... I guess there is no collaboration within Microsoft.
February 9th, 2015 6:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics