Can't set up Framework 3.5 SP1
Hi, When I am to set up Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 within Win 08 enterprise server, I've got this and can't get the file to set up that. Any advice?Many Thanks & Best Regards, Hua Min
July 13th, 2012 2:41am

Hello, Seems it is package file.So suggest you that Unzip it or use winrar software to extract exact setup files. After extracting, install SW using setup files like *.msi or other format.Regards, Ravikumar P
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 13th, 2012 3:43am

Sorry, there is no way to get any zip file as I only get the above prompt. Many Thanks & Best Regards, Hua Min
July 13th, 2012 3:55am

Do this try once, Install winrar software and right the click the *.exe file and go for an option extra here. Or else download the another setup file of "framework 3.5 SP1"Regards, Ravikumar P
July 13th, 2012 4:05am

Hello Chen, is there another image in your thread or is this only image that you cannot click the save button? have you tried another browser, let's say IE? or it could be you're not authorized to download executable files. Try applying the SP1 patch via Windows Update instead. Cheers, RaminCheers, Ramin
July 13th, 2012 4:13am

Sorry I still get this Why?Many Thanks & Best Regards, Hua Min
July 13th, 2012 4:24am

Hello Chen, You can refer this for above error: http://www.404techsupport.com/2011/03/server-2008-r2-you-must-use-the-role-management-tool-to-install-or-configure-microsoft-net/http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vijaysk/archive/2009/08/16/you-must-use-the-role-management-tool-to-install-or-configure-microsoft-net-framework-3-5.aspxRegards, Ravikumar P
July 13th, 2012 4:31am

Now I can see the error. Are you trying to update only the current .Net Framework 3.5.1 or you are just about to install it? If you haven't installed it yet, you need to install .Net Framework 3.5.1 from Server Manager->Features->Add Features. For security patches and update, just use Windows Update. Hope this helps. RaminCheers, Ramin
July 13th, 2012 5:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics