Can't ping WINS record from Windows 2008 R1 SP2 with Clustering Setup
From a Windows 2008 R1 SP2 environment where Failover Clustering is installed and setup, I could not ping any WINS record but could ping on any other Windows environment. The workaround is to provide FQDN but trying to figure out why this is only happening on a clustered environment. Network settings are the same for all the servers(of course except for IP address). I have not tested this on Windows 2008 R2 on a clustered environment but it works fine without clustered installed. Thanks in advanced, Joel
April 26th, 2011 2:52pm

The fact that its clustered shouldnt have any effect. Check the WINS clients configuration on the clustered nodes and verify that they are correct. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 26th, 2011 3:37pm

Hi, In addition, please also temporarily disable firewall to test the issue. For more troubleshooting information, please also refer to the following Microsoft KB and TechNet articles: How To Diagnose and Test TCP/IP or NetBIOS Network Connections in Windows 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300986 Troubleshooting WINS http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc959203.aspx Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com . Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
April 27th, 2011 1:46am

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help. Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com .Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 1st, 2011 10:52pm

Hi Arthur, We might have narrowed it down to VLAN ID within HP Teamed network. It happened to be that all our clusters are running Windows 2008 and are blade servers. Thanks again for the support. Regards, Joel
May 3rd, 2011 12:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics