Can't network with windows server 2008
I have windows server 2008. It is loaded on my new server and running. I am trying to network my office via one workstation hard wired into the server, and inter office wireless computers. I have networked before with windows xp, but never with a server. I have opened the "set up a connection or network" folder and it gives me 3 option, all 3 requiring me to log onto the internet. My server is in the office, not outside so I don't need to connect it from the internet. There is no "wizard" to set up a small business system like there is on xp. I have read as much of the technet postings as I can stomach. I have clicked on role, features, set IP addresses, I think I have a domain set up, the computers just don't see the server and the server doesn't see them. The server is connected to my linksys wireless system and does communicate with the internet fine. I am not interested in forests or the trees in them, deployment definitions and all the other stuff in the technet writings. Also, the guides in the technet forum always say, "this guide does not tell you how to..." and are basically useless. I need a SIMPLE, just do this guide, on getting my computers to see each other and work togeather. I have read two books and the just repeat the technet stuff. No simple just do this guide. I apologize, but this is about as detailed as I can be. Does anyone have a SIMPLE way to just set up an interoffice system? Thank you
January 3rd, 2011 2:26pm

Afraid there really is no "simple just do this" answer to setting up an AD domain. I'd suggest hiring someone to at least get things setup for you. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 3rd, 2011 2:44pm

Hi, Thanks for posting here. I’d suggest you may start from the guide below which provide step by step introduction for how to deploy a simple core network for your business. Windows Server 2008 Foundation Network Guide http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771066(WS.10).aspx Meanwhile, I’d also suggest to take look Microsoft Small Business Server which provide easy and reliable IT solution for small business. Some build in wizards could help you automatically configure these network settings. For more information please refer to the link below: http://www.microsoft.com/sbs/en/us/default.aspx Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 4th, 2011 1:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics