Can't install Intel Control Center (former MSM) in Windows Server 2008 R2
I'm running WS2008 R2 with SP1. Everything is great but I need to add monitoring of my RAID1 system volume. It's installed on onboard Intel chip. Latest driver installed succesfully but Intel Control Center asks for .NET 3. How do I install it? It's not available in Windows Update. Thank you.
March 7th, 2011 10:19pm

This may help. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7 Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 7th, 2011 10:35pm

Thank you but I already have .NET 4 installed and Intel RST installer specifically asks for .NET 3 or later. I guess there is somehing wrong with Intel installer.
March 8th, 2011 12:04am

Yes, you might have to take it up with them. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
March 8th, 2011 5:28am

Hi, According to the following link, there is no version of Intel Desktop Control Center for Windows Server 2008 directly. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?keyword=%22%22desktop+control+center%22%22 Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability. If you can confirm the required version of .NET Framework is installed properly, you need to contact the Intel support for further assistance. Just for your reference, here is where to download the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Redistributable Package: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=10cc340b-f857-4a14-83f5-25634c3bf043 Actually, .NET Framework 3.5 builds incrementally on the new features added in .NET Framework 3.0. Thanks. NinaPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
March 10th, 2011 5:10am

I have addressed your issue personally and I have outlined the steps below to resolve your problem. The following was tested on Windows Server 2008 R2. 1. Download the ORCA MSI Editor tool here: http://www.technipages.com/download-orca-msi-editor.html 2. Double-click on the IDCCSetup.exe file. What happens in the background as you execute this application is the program extracts the MSI package to your TEMP folder. All you we need to do is simply copy and paste that MSI package to another location and edit the contents of the MSI package using Orca. 3. Click on Start and choose Run. Type in %systemdrive%\users\%username%\appdata\local\temp and hit ENTER. 4. Copy Intel(R) Desktop Control Center.msi to your Desktop (The file size is 21,733 KB) 5. Go to your desktop and right-click on Intel(R) Desktop Control Center.msi file and choose Edit with Orca 6. Under the Tables category, locate Launch Condition. 7. Right-click on LaunchCondition and choose Drop Table... 8. Click on File > Save... 9. Close the Orca MSI Editor program window. 10. Click on your MSI package on the desktop and install the program.
June 12th, 2011 9:32am

I have addressed your issue personally and I have outlined the steps below to resolve your problem. 1. Download the ORCA MSI Editor tool here: http://www.technipages.com/download-orca-msi-editor.html 2. Double-click on the IDCCSetup.exe file. What happens in the background as you execute this application is the program extracts the MSI package to your TEMP folder. All we need to do is simply copy and paste that MSI package to another location and edit the contents of the MSI package using Orca. 3. Click on Start and choose Run. Type in %systemdrive%\users\%username%\appdata\local\temp and hit ENTER. 4. Copy Intel(R) Desktop Control Center.msi to your Desktop (The file size is 21,733 KB) 5. Go to your desktop and right-click on Intel(R) Desktop Control Center.msi file and choose Edit with Orca 6. Under the Tables category, locate Launch Condition. 7. Right-click on LaunchCondition and choose Drop Table... 8. Click on File > Save... 9. Close the Orca MSI Editor program window. 10. Click on your MSI package on the desktop and install the program. I do not have an Intel Desktop board so I cannot verify that the installation was successful. Please confirm whether or not it does work. My buddy has an Intel Desktop board with Windows Server 2008 R2 OS installed I will give him my modded MSI package and try to install it on his. If it works I will re-edit this post again to verify whether it works or not.
June 12th, 2011 9:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics